With Australia’s strict stance on vaping, it might come as a surprise to find out just how many vapers there are in the country. If you guessed not many, you’re definitely in for a surprise as a recent estimate places the number of vapes in Australia in the hundreds of thousands.
How Many People Vape In Australia
There are an estimated 239,000 vapers in Australia. While that may strike you as a lot of vapers, the available data suggests that only 178,000 of Australia’s vapers actually use an e-cigarette more than once a month.
As there are more than 25 million people in Australia, that puts the estimated number of vapers in the country a little over 1 per cent of the total population.
Another estimate places the total number of Australian e-cigarette users at just 227,000. By this estimate, there are 97,000 daily vapers in Australia. The Queensland researchers behind the report from which this estimate is derived identified the following patterns of use among Australia’s vapers:
- Indigenous adult Australians are 3 times more likely to vape daily than non-indigenous Australians.
- Smokers using vaping as a means by which to quit smoking are more likely to be daily vapers.
- Smokers, ex-smokers, younger people, males, and those with psychological stress are more likely to use an e-cig.
- The majority of Australia’s vapers (57 per cent) are not smoking while the remaining 43 per cent are smoking and vaping.
How To Buy E-Cigarettes In Australia
Those reading this who are interested in vaping may find it difficult to buy vaping products locally. While there are vape shops in some areas of Australia, such as Sydney and Adelaide, there are no vape shops in Australia that sell e-cigarettes or e-liquid with nicotine in them.
In order to acquire nicotine vaping products in Australia, many Australians have turned to online vape shops based outside of Australia that make it possible to import nicotine vaping products for personal use.
For the best online vape shop that ships nicotine vaping supplies to vapers in Australia, we recommend this store. They sell vape and e-cigarette starter kits, e-liquid, atomizers, coils, tanks, and other parts and accessories. They ship their products quickly using express shipping and their customer support team is based in Australia.